Here at Slotjava, we’ve compiled a detailed guide of the top 2023 blackjack online sites for your convenience, meaning you’ll be able to quickly browse your choices and pick your next game. All you have to do is look at some alternatives, pick one, and join the fun. Multiple options, blackjack online games, and player-friendly bonuses are ready to be enjoyed in the US.
Interested in learning more? After reading this, head over to a free blackjack online game or one with live dealers to test your hand and skills against some other players.
How to Play Blackjack: Rules and Strategies
In blackjack online, beating the dealer means beating him with a hand sum closer to 21, without going over. All numbered cards are worth their face value, all face cards are worth 10, and Aces can be worth either 1 or 11 points – based on the deck of the rest of your hand.
One or more standard decks of 52 cards, without jokers (which are never included), are used across all variations in the US.
Blackjack games have slightly different rules based on the variant you play. However, in general, the rules are fairly standard. Before deep diving into blackjack online, let’s get familiar with some of the most common terms:
- Hit: Getting another card that is added to your hand.
- Stand: Staying at your current hand without changing anything.
- Split: Dividing two cards that are worth the same, which equals the initial bet. This allows playing to separate hands.
- Double Down: Doubling your initial bet with only one additional card.
- Surrender: Losing half your bet in exchange of not winning the hand.
Now we need to learn the game’s moves, so let’s take a brief look at how to play traditional blackjack.
- The dealer draws a card from the deck and gives each player and himself a second card. The dealer’s hand will have one card face up, while you’ll have both.
- If either you or the dealer get a “natural” blackjack on the first draw, the game concludes immediately. If that’s not the case, you have the option to hit, surrender, double down, or split.
- Both the dealer and you can hit to receive more cards. This continues until one person bursts (by rolling a total of 21+) or both players stand. If both opponents choose to stand, the winner is the player whose total is nearest to 21.
Improve Your Game Using a Blackjack Strategy
Especially as beginner, you may need some time to think through which blackjack online approach will serve you best. Given that there are many exciting versions of both free and real money blackjack online, your strategy will also be affected by the style of game you choose to play.
So, forget about counting cards and focus on learning the house rules at each table you play at. Before sitting down or simply joining a blackjack table, it’s smart to familiarize yourself with its rules and the minimal and maximum wagers/bets that apply.
The 4 Most Popular Basic Blackjack Moves & Strategies:
If you’re playing blackjack online, the easiest thing to remember is that hitting is the best option whenever your hand totals 11 or less. If you have a hand totaling 17–21, you should just stand.
The dealer’s card may display a number anywhere from 12 to 16. If the dealer reveals a 2 through 6, you should stand. If he/she shows a 7 or higher, you should hit. Whether you’re ready to take a chance with a high hand relies on whether you have a Soft Hand (where each Ace can be worth 1 or 11) or a Hard Hand (when each Ace in your hand can only be worth 1 and not 11 because you risk going bust).
#3 Double Down
If you have a pair, you should almost always double down – except when you have a 9 and the player reveals a high card.
#4 Is 17 a Lucky Number?
Here’s a heads up: The dealer must always hit on soft 17 or higher – always. You can’t presume he/she has a “20”. Having a strategy for determining when to hit and when to stand is crucial to your success because your hand is the only thing you have any control over.
More advanced tactics like double down on hard 11s, always splitting 8s and Aces, always hitting on 12s when the dealer shows a 2 or 3, thinking about surrendering, etc. can be tried out as one gains expertise.
What is our advice? You can get a head start with a welcome bonus and a solid blackjack table by practicing with one of the many blackjack online variations accessible in “Demo” mode at the best online blackjack sites we recommend at the top of the page.
The Absolute Best 5 Blackjack Games Provided by the Best Casinos
#1 Pontoon Blackjack – 99.64% RTP
Pontoon is a card game similar to traditional blackjack but with some key differences. Playtech, the undisputed king of online table game software, is responsible for one of the most played variations. Like traditional blackjack, the goal of Pontoon Blackjack is to beat the dealer’s hand without going over 21. The dealer deals two cards face down and two face up to each participant. He then looks to see if he has a Pontoon, which is equivalent to a Blackjack (an Ace and a 10-value card).
If you are given five cards without breaking and the dealer does not have a Pontoon or natural Blackjack, you win. This is known as the “Five Card Trick” rule in Pontoon. You can have up to 5 different cards going at once in this game, which is one of the games’ main features.
#2 Deal or No Deal Blackjack – 99.33% RTP
Deal or No Deal Blackjack is a slot machine that draws its inspiration from the well-known television show that Noel Edmonds presented for over 20 years now. The idea was “stolen” by Red Tiger Gaming and Playtech, who then made it into a betting game. The game principles of blackjack online have been given a fun and original twist by the well-known software provider, which makes it a delight for Deal or No Deal fans.
The dealer can make an offer to each player at the end of each hand, making it the primary addition in this Deal or No Deal version. There are three methods to win in this version: get a blackjack, beat the dealer’s value without going over 21, or let the dealer keep drawing cards until he or she runs out of cards.
#3 European Blackjack – 99.60% RTP
What distinguishes this version of European Blackjack from all others out there? In this version, the dealer receives the second card which he or she can only see once the players have finished. In reality, the dealer has no influence over the game and must wait for all of his opponents’ moves before determining whether or not he/she has a blackjack. When the dealer’s first card in the online European version is an Ace, typically two buttons that allow players to surrender.
You can choose a green table in the top blackjack online casinos with a single player mode, where there are 5 boxes accessible or play against numerous opponents.
#4 Blackjack Atlantic City – 99.65% RTP
This entertaining version uses 8 decks of cards with a single play and has a payout of about 0.35%. It’s an unique tribute to Atlantic City from which it gets its name. In this situation, the dealer can confirm the blackjack by standing on a soft 17. You can double down during the game on the first two cards and after the break, even in three hands – along with a late surrender. Blackjack Atlantic City Gold, an exclusive multi-hand version of Microgaming that 888 Casino provides, lets you defeat the casino with a variety of choices and startling visuals.
#5 Blackjack Surrender – 99.66% RTP
Here, the blackjack withdrawal rules are fairly straightforward. There aren’t many surprises in this Playtech edition if you are already acquainted with the prior one. Your cards are drawn from six decks in this game. The main distinction between this game and others is the surrender option. If used properly, this option allows you to limit the value of your losing cards. In this version, the dealer gets 2 face up/face down cards, while the player gets 2 cards faced up.
The dealer will stand on 17, but must hit on 16. You have the option to surrender at the beginning, which is fantastic in case the dealer has a blackjack. You can compete with numerous hands, split pairs of identical cards, and double your wager/bet. If the dealer peeks to see if there is blackjack, the player may surrender. The player will only lose half of the bet/wager, if they surrender early in the game.
Pros & Cons of Playing Blackjack Online
After reading this detailed blackjack online guide in the US, you may be wondering what the pros and cons of playing blackjack from a computer or mobile device actually are. Here are some tips to aid in your decision-making:
- The option to play “For Fun” without risking your money. Online casinos allow this option, but land-based casinos do not. This allows you to practice and perfect any strategy that you might be interested in.
- You don’t have to move or travel anywhere. Not every player is fortunate enough to live near to a real casino. You can save time and money by playing blackjack online. Nearly all of today’s top online casinos allow you to play straight from your iOS or Android mobile device (smartphone, tablet), with genuinely excellent graphics optimization, and in some instances, like with DraftKings Casino, you can even download a native app.
- Getting bonuses and special promotions. One of the biggest perks of playing blackjack online is getting free cash. When signing up at an online casino, players have access to first deposit bonuses as well as weekly and monthly promotions, loyalty programs, and VIP areas for the most devoted players. In reality, this means a variety of advantages, such as a private VIP manager and tickets to upscale events and gatherings.
- Playing multiple games simultaneously. In a land-based casino, this option is simply unattainable, but there are no restrictions online. There are many blackjack tables available online that let you wager/bet three hands at once, improving the player’s odds of succeeding.
The online version of this beloved card game is a fan favorite for a variety of reasons, including these four. However, make sure to only choose reputable US gambling sites, which are fully licensed within the country.
We have some right here for you at Slotjava!
- The need of a good internet connection: To play blackjack online without interruption, you need a strong internet connection at all times. You won’t be able to play online blackjack games without it.
- Long withdrawal times: Unlike real-life blackjack, the online version typically prevents you from withdrawing your winnings right away. Every US online casino will make you wait a bit, given that they tend to have processing periods.
These last tips and tricks bring our piece on blackjack online games to a close. We hope you have a lot of fun playing blackjack in one of the brand-new online casinos and we wish you best of luck!
Always keep an eye out for new bonuses and promos because knowledge is power!
Frequently Asked Questions
Are there any bonuses available at blackjack online?
As you can see from our list at the top of this page, bonuses are widely available to blackjack players at most online casinos. We suggest you keep coming back and check out the best blackjack bonuses and promotions in 2023, which will always be right here at Slotjava!
What payment methods are available for online blackjack deposits?
Numerous deposit methods are available, including credit/debit cards, two of the most widely used payment options among blackjack players. On top of that, you have the choice of using an e-Wallet, bank transfers, and sometimes even cryptocurrencies.
Can I play live dealer blackjack?
Blackjack is without a doubt one of the most popular live dealer games, and many online casinos like Bet365, DraftKings, and FanDuel Casino are happy to provide some top-notch live dealer games. However, only real money can be wagered in live dealer games, just like at a physical casino.
Is card counting worth it when playing blackjack online?
No. Due to the RNG system, traditional online blackjack games immediately rearrange the cards after every hand to ensure the deals are as fair and transparent as possible. Dealers rearrange the cards more frequently at live dealer tables to prevent any type of cheating.
What advantages does playing free blackjack online offer?
In demo mode, you can first practice playing without risking your money. Secondly, you can play for free whenever and wherever you want using both your computer and a mobile device without having to download any software (most of the time).